If you would like to become a Gaiety Volunteer apply here
Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who’s passionate about the arts and interested in learning new skills and experiencing live theatre in one of Scotland’s oldest variety theatres?
The Gaiety Theatre is unlike most theatres in the UK because it is largely run through voluntary effort. Most of the people undertaking front of house, technical, fundraising, marketing and maintenance duties, are doing so on a voluntary basis. Our volunteers are the lifeblood of the theatre, their hard work, determination and dedication has helped keep the dream alive!
We are now recruiting volunteers for our Box Office, Distribution/Marketing, Front of House, Fundraising and Technical teams!
- Box Office – serving customers, answering queries from members of the public, selling tickets for all shows and processing payments.
- Distribution/Marketing – distributing the seasonal brochure to local areas, leafleting shows, assisting with campaigns and reviewing.
- Front of House – ushering duties for all Main Auditorium and Studio Theatre performances.
- Technical – assisting with lighting, sound, set and scenery for visiting productions.
- Heritage – engaging with communities, creating resources for schools & care homes and delivering events & exhibitions
If you can spare some time and would like to volunteer please call us on 01292 288235, fill out the volunteer enquiry form or download an application form
Volunteer Enquiry Form