If you are an existing Gaiety Volunteer, please click for the Gaiety Theatre Volunteer Information Centre [Volgistics]
As a Gaiety Volunteer, we may contact you, by post, email and telephone. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out at any time.
Fancy becoming a Gaiety volunteer?
You’ve come to the right place.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who’s passionate about the arts and interested in learning new skills- WE NEED YOU!
We’re unlike most theatres in the UK because we are largely run through voluntary effort. Most of the people undertaking front of house, technical, fundraising, marketing and maintenance duties, are doing so on a voluntary basis. Our volunteers hard work, determination and dedication keep your local theatre alive.
Our volunteer community is always growing and we love to hear from people looking to join our team- if there isn’t a role here that suits you, please get in touch with Laura Scott (Volunteer Coordinator) on 01292 270922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you’re interested in or what skills you could bring to the team and we’ll try our best to match you up with an opportunity that suits.
- Box Office – serving customers, answering queries from members of the public, selling tickets for all shows and processing payments.
- Marketing – distributing the seasonal brochure to local areas, leafleting shows, assisting with tactical campaigns and acting as brand ambassadors.
- Front of House – ushering duties for all Main Auditorium and Studio Theatre performances.
- Technical – assisting with lighting, sound, set and scenery for over 250 productions each year.
- Heritage – engaging with communities, creating resources for schools & care homes and delivering events & exhibitions
- Fundraising – working with our Fundraising Coordinator to promote campaigns.
If you’d like to find out more about volunteering at The Gaiety, please contact Laura Scott (Volunteer Coordinator) on 01292 270922 or email email@example.com
You can apply online via our volunteer enquiry form or download an application form
Volunteer Enquiry Form